Radiation Care Basket
Radiation Care Basket - This basket has a selection of products that are safe to use while going through radiation treatment. The products are gentle and will soothe tender tissues that have been exposed to radiation. Follow specific instructions from your doctor regarding timing of when to use these products on your skin while undergoing radiation treatment.
This basket contains:
- Aloe Gel - may be applied to skin that has been exposed to radiation. Follow your physician’s specific instructions about the best time to apply.
- Calendula Oil - may applied to skin that has been exposed to radiation. It is soothing and healing to the skin. Follow your physician’s specific instructions about the best time to use this product.
- Spray Deodorant - is gentle and may be safely used while undergoing radiation therapy. Use as directed by your physician.
- Mild Castile Soap - this mild unscented liquid soap is gentle and made for a baby’s skin. It is made with organic oils.
- Soft Wash Cloth - gently use these soft wash cloths to cleanse the area of your body that has been exposed to radiation. Use lukewarm or tepid water to saturate the wash cloth, apply a small amount of liquid soap to wash and tenderly cleanse effected area.
- Cozy Comfort Pillow - may be used next to area that is tender after radiation treatment it will provide some padding or help to relieve pressure. The pillow also works well in the car to take the pressure off the body where the seat belt rests.
- Comfort Flax Pack - may be used cool or hot. Place in the freezer; apply as needed to cool down areas after radiation treatment. Flax pack may be warmed in the microwave 20-25 seconds (all microwaves vary in their heating) check the temperature before applying to your body or giving to a child to use. Follow your physicians’ specific instructions when using the flax pack cool or warm.
- My Girls Radiation Cream sample - may be applied to radiation exposed skin. Samples will be included when available.
Brands may be substituted without notice.
The information above is not meant to take the place of advice or medical treatment by your doctor. Consult your doctor for specific recommendations for your individual situation.