Cancer Care Basket
The Cancer Care Basket contains a selection of personal care products that bring comfort while helping to manage the daily symptoms that arise during cancer treatment.
This basket contains:
- Hand Sanitizer - use on hands to kill bacteria/germs and protect compromised immune systems.
- Gentle Toothpaste - a formulation that is gentle for a tender mouth.
- Extra Soft Toothbrush - for gently brushing teeth and sensitive gums.
- Lip Balm - helps with chapped, dry, cracked lips and corners of mouth. Unscented.
- Salve - for dry, cracked skin on hands and feet. Unscented.
- Aloe Vera Gel - may be applied to skin exposed to radiation. Follow your physician’s specific instructions about the best time to apply.
- Hand Fan - to use to cool down when feeling overheated.
- Cooling Neck Bandanna - will help to manage feeling overheated, sweats and hot flashes.
- Crystal Deodorant - solid is gentle and is safe to use while going through radiation treatment.
- Journal - to note medications, questions for the doctor, side effects, symptoms, dietary problems, feelings, or goals while going through treatment.
- Tea - drink a cup of Mint or Ginger Green tea to sooth an upset stomach or to enjoy a relaxing moment.
- Gum - sugar free gum can help encourage saliva flow, moisturizing a dry mouth. Chew Xylitol gum to stop the bacteria that cause tooth decay.
- Resource materials.
Brands may be substituted without notice.
The information above is not meant to take the place of advice or medical treatment by your doctor. Consult your doctor for specific recommendations for your individual situation.